Make your donation go further

You can increase the value of your gift by 25% at no extra cost to you.

If you are a UK taxpayer, Gift Aid lets Salisbury Hospice Charity reclaim tax on donations you have made to us.

Gift Aid

The UK government's Gift Aid scheme means that, for every £10 you give, we can claim an extra £2.50 making your gifts worth even more to Salisbury Hospice.

You can download and print out a Gift Aid form and return it to us. We will take care of the rest.

Gift Aid Q & A

What is Gift Aid?

Gift Aid is a government scheme that allows charities to increase the value of your gift by reclaiming the tax that you have already paid on your donations through Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax. All donations made in the last four years and any future donations are eligible for the scheme (excluding those made through the Charities Aid Foundation and payroll giving).

What does Gift Aid commit me to?

Nothing! It just ensures that if you choose to donate to Salisbury Hospice Charity and you are a UK tax payer, we can claim an extra 25% from the government.

Do I have to make a declaration for every gift?

No. You just need to fill out our Gift Aid declaration and then it will cover the donations you have already made to Salisbury Hospice Charity in the last four years and any donations you make in the future.

I am a pensioner. Do my donations qualify?

You may still be paying tax on a private pension plan or a savings account, or Capital Gains Tax if you sell either some property or shares. You are still eligible if you have paid enough tax during the year to cover the amount we are reclaiming on your donations.

What if I pay tax at a higher rate? Can Salisbury Hospice Charity claim back the full amount?

If you are taxed at a higher rate, we can only claim back tax at the basic rate. However, higher rate tax payers can claim the difference between the higher rate of tax (40%) and the basic rate (20%) on the total (gross) value of the donation made.

You can request a rebate for the difference between basic and higher rate tax when you submit your tax return and this can also be donated to the charity.

Can you claim under my partners name if they are a tax payer and I am not?

We can only claim under the name of the person who made the donation in the first place.

What if I no longer want Salisbury Hospice Charity to claim back the tax on my donations?

Just let us know and we will make sure that tax is only reclaimed on gifts up to the date you contacted us. It is important that you advise us as soon as possible of any change in circumstance as you may be liable to pay additional tax to HMRC on any gift aid claimed between the time you stopped paying tax and the time you informed us of the change.

What if I move house?

Please let Salisbury Hospice Charity know if you move house or if any of your details change. This will help us to keep our records up to date.

Can I call you if I have any further questions?

If you have any further questions about Gift Aid, or if your circumstances change, please call us on 01722 416 353 or email us at

Share this page

Donate to us

We rely on your help, support and donations to keep us going.

Single Donation

Regular Donation